Join us for a three day comprehensive tour in Jordan. Visit the ancient cities of Jerash, Petra where you will see ancient buildings, baths and more. Additionally you will tour the capital city of Jordan, and finish with a visit to the mosaic map in Madaba and a stop in Mount Nebo where you will take in an amazing view.
Day 1 – Sunday
Sheik Hussein Bridge -Jerash-Amman
In the morning you will be picked up from your hotel in either Tel Aviv or Jerusalem and driven to the Sheikh Hussein border crossing where you will enter Jordan. From there you will drive to Jerash- City of the Decapolis, located about 45 kilometers north of Amman in the bountiful Gilead heights. There you will visit the ancient Roman city and see the theater, baths, hill top temple and more. After your tour you will drive to Amman for some sightseeing of the Jordanian Capital and stay overnight
Day 2 -Monday
After breakfast you will travel south on the road to Wadi Musa and then ride on horseback into the “Siq” (canyon). From there you will walk on foot to Petra. Petra is known as the Red Rock City, and was the ancient capital of the Nabateans from the 2nd and 3rd century AD. Here you will visit the carved monuments, such as the Great Treasury, El Kahazane, and then the field of the tombs, obelisks, and altar (Al Madhbah). You will stay the night in Wadi Musa.
Amman-Madaba-Mt. Nebo-Jerusalem -Tel Aviv
Drive to Madaba to see the ancient mosaic map of the holy land and ruins of this historical site. From there, your tour will continue on to Mount Nebo, the location where Moses viewed the Promised Land. From this point you can see the Jordan Valley, Jericho, the Dead Sea and Jerusalem. You will then drive to the border and back into Israel and on to Jerusalem or Tel Aviv. (For optional additional nights, rates available upon request).
- 2 nights accommodation on Bed & Breakfast basis at selected hotel or similar (see supplements to include dinners).
- Sightseeing in air conditioned van or minibus with an English speaking guide
- Entrance fees according to the itinerary
Rates do not include:
- Visa fees and border taxes (approximately $55 per person. Rates are subject to increase according to taxes levied by the Jordanian Authorities
- Porterage, tips to guide/ driver and hotel staff & the horseman in Petra
- Traveler’s Medical and baggage insurance
- The above package is based on a minimum of 2 participants.
- The tour will spend the second night in Petra whenever available.
- The sequence of the tour, hotels used and sites visited may be amended due to circumstances beyond our control.
For more information please complete the contact us form on this page.